[sdiy] [OT] synthesizer visualization

Bruno Afonso bafonso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 16:35:52 CET 2018

Hey Henry, really really nice!

I believe you did this with after FX? I've been playing with trying to
display visuals for my tango Djing using openframeworks (it's very low
level, hence the difficulty for me) so it was really refreshing to see this
super elegant visualization based off midi. I'd love to hear more about how
easy/hard this was to put together (maybe off list if too OT)

The most immediate idea that came to my mind was to use this approach for
educational purposes, for people wanting to visualize how to
compose/arrange voices/timbres in a composition. Other explorations for a
single instrument have also been made very helpful for learning, see this
bass take on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKBmkxFm7-U

Sorry for the tangent, bottom line it was inspirational to me :D