[sdiy] NE566 Boon

blacet at blacet.com blacet at blacet.com
Sun Feb 25 17:39:44 CET 2018

Then there was the ICL8038 function generator (more useful) and the
XR2240 long range timer. The later inspired the Blacet DPG and Binary
Zone. In general, these devices, especially in simple kit form, can be
inspirational to younger folks. -------- Original Message ----------
Surely the XR2206 is a much more capable and sophisticated chip. And
it's available in very cheap entry level kits like this:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/401320404813 [1] On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at
1:08 AM, Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com [2] wrote: I used to lament
the death of the 566 until I realized you can take a processor with a
built-in DAC and pretty much do the same thing. Probably better in
fact. Sometimes letting go of the past can be hard. --tr On 2/25/2018
6:03 AM, blacet at blacet.com [3] wrote: I vaguely remember, this -- a
10:1 range function generator. Probably had some and tossed them as
more or less useless for EM. But chaos might be a possibility. Also
confused them with the 565 PLL and the 556 dual timer, which is four
comparators and two flip-flops in one package. Might be useful.
-------- Original Message ---------- I still have a few NE566s that I
bought at Radio Shack back in the day. Hmmmm... how about some sort of
"chaos" generator with multiple 566s cross modulating each other? -
Oren On 2/24/18 10:41 AM, Tim Ressel wrote: Hi y'all, I just found
half a dozen NE566s in my stash and now I want to make a module with

Links:
------
[1] https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/401320404813
[2] mailto:timr at circuitabbey.com