[sdiy] Magnifier Lamp with Roller Stand

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 04:02:05 CET 2018

I've of course used these magnifying lights with the round fluorescent
light, but it bothered me that the lamp took up a 1 to 2 inch area
around the magnifying lens, and I couldn't see "around" it to help
navigate to what I wanted to look at. It seems with LEDs this could be
reduced a lot.

I see that Ottlamp thing has a thin holder around the lens, but the
lamp is a couple feet above the lens. That appears to work, but "we
have the technology" to put the LEDs around the lens and not take up
much if any more room than that ring holding that lens. Furthermore,
these could be RGB lens so the color could be changed (four controls:
Red, Green, Blue, and overall brightness that tracks the LEDs so the
color stays the same). This thing could also have a small shroud with
a hole connection for a tube that would go to a small air vacuum pump
that would suck solder fumes away.