[sdiy] top soldering through hole

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Sat Feb 24 17:52:56 CET 2018

Hi all you no clean flux people (again, sorry to drag this conversation
out), I still find the residue a bit cosmetically unpleasing with 245.
Especially after a few weeks or months it seems to go a bit white-ish.
Possibly I'm using too much, or the core is too big?  Here is the last
one I bought:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/533-24-6337-8802

This is a 63/37 with a core size of 66.  Should I consider a smaller
core size such as 58 like this??

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/533-24-6337-8801