[sdiy] Symmetrical Keyboards

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Sat Feb 24 17:53:36 CET 2018

I suspect the traditional arrangement of keys was done for a very good
reason: registration. With the asymmetrical arrangement you can always
tell where you are on the keyboard. The symmetrical one has no such
landmarks. No admittedly I am a total neophyte playing keyboard, but
when I look at one I instantly know where C is. On the asymmetrical one
how do you find you way?

--tr