[sdiy] Why do LCDs die?

Tony Kalomiris weplar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:23:46 CET 2018

I don't recommend messing with Zebra strips. I have messed up my Timex
Indiglo watch, a Timer, and a great HP calculator "cleaning" those.
I was never able to get the dead characters back. And yes I used distilled
water and allowed to dry thoroughly.

Brian, could it be you are referring to the ghosting on that meter, from
poor contact? The OP was referring to dying LCD (weak contrast).
I can't recall off hand but I remember an excellent article on how LCDs
work in a magazine> PE, R&EW, can't recall.

Tony