[sdiy] Why do LCDs die?

Kenny Balys kenny at beatkamp.com
Mon Dec 31 05:29:38 CET 2018

I have (possibly) the first Timex LCD wrist watch and its
display has gradually faded over time and is now unreadable.

My guess is that the liquid has dried out / been lost and this
renders the display non functional.

Would love to hear more opinions on this. The LCD in my Emax
appeared to do the same thing. I put in a new red on black OLED
and that just looks fantastic now.

The only Z80 person I know of in the synth world is Tauntek.
http://tauntek.com/