[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Sun Dec 30 17:29:49 CET 2018

> On 30 Dec 2018, at 13:44, Roman <modular at go2.pl> wrote:
>
> One more thought about optical fibre: how about using wavelength multiplication over single fiber? You can modulate each light source separately then mix them in optical mixer to put in one singlemode fiber, then split at the receiver so each wavelenght is output to its own receiver like if it was on separate fiber. The trouble is, equipment to do this is at the price range of big vintage modular. At least it was 10 years ago. And yes, all high thruput transmission in optical fiber IS analog. I mean modern stuff, not ancient RZ/NRZ.

LOL, now you’re getting really ambitious, Roman! :)
WDM systems are really big, and .. well, and I’d rather buy a couple of new-old Moog 55s and hire somebody to patch them up polyphonically for me instead and there’s still some money left, I’d say. ;)
(not saying that I’d prefer the Moogs, that’s just to give a sense of the money involved)

Did the original poster specify the format he’d like to have his creation built? Hopefully not Euro in a skiff?  ;)
m.