[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

Roman modular at go2.pl
Sun Dec 30 13:59:23 CET 2018

Oh yes, you could. For example widely used QAM256 modulation is actually analog signal that is transmitted over fiber.  Someone said that bending fiber brings a lot of attenuation. Yes, if you bend it around your finger, which is not the typical angle of laying out fiber patchcords.  Nevertheless, because of the price point, we're limited here at synth-DIY to the optical components used in S/PDIF and they are digital only.   Roman   Dnia 29 grudnia 2018 02:21 Joel B <  onephatcat at earthlink.net > napisał(a):  Not sure why you couldn’t send analog signals via fiber - probably use the wave angle to multiplex over the same cable just like networking signals do, and convert the amplitude or frequency back to an electrical signal.   Joel   Sent from my iPhone