[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sat Dec 29 16:12:22 CET 2018

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, Ingo Debus wrote:
> > Am 29.12.2018 um 01:46 schrieb Ben Lincoln <blincoln at eventualdecline.com>:
> > trying to somehow multiplex a bunch of analogue signals onto a single pair of wires is going to result in poor audio quality.
>
> Not necessarily. As someone said, FM radio has decent audio quality. But we’re talking carrier frequencies in the range of 100 MHz here. At these frequencies we don’t even need wires at all :-)
> Receiver chips can’t be that expensive either. FM radios are dirt cheap these days. A quick search turned up the Sanyo LA1260 for instance.

Still looking at using thousands of transistors to multiplex and
demultiplex the signals for each hundred-transistor analog module.  It's a
ridiculous way to do things, artificially created by the original poster's
insistence on forbidding better classes of solution (and on not specifying
what problem is being solved).

If cheater00 has the digitalitis so bad, it would be more interesting to
build a non-computerized telephone exchange and route signals through that
instead of messing around with multiplexed patch cables.

--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before tribes.