[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:24:46 CET 2018

let's not forget why these solutions were developed in the first place, it was
because the actual transmission channel was an expensive and scarce resource, be
it a long distance phone cable crossing the Atlantic or a satellite link, in
each case the added cost for mux/demux at the ends was still way less than
adding more separate "wires".

in the use case here, having to mux/demux at every patch point will add way more
cost and overhead than just running N lines in parallel, copper is still
relatively cheap for short lengths...