[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Fri Dec 28 05:43:19 CET 2018

In a large-format system, perhaps. Large tangles of Cat5 patch leads can be
pretty inflexible and annoying to manage

To the OP, I would ask: have you tried building something like what you
want with pre-existing hardware or, possibly, with virtual hardware? eg. in
Max? It would be unfortunate to go through all that analog hardware
engineering pain (and it does sound like pain!) only to find that any or
all of the below are true:

- the result is musically uninteresting
- you rarely or never go beyond patches that are essentially a
fixed-architecture polysynth
- the user interface required to manage it all is horrible

It's a very hazy memory now but didn't Creamware/Sonic Core's DSP modular
have polyphonic capability?

John