[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

oren levy orenlevysticky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:57:36 CET 2018

You can use the FPGA to combine all the data you are trying to transmit into a single stream that you can transmit over a single cable.
MADI interfaces are expensive as a unit. There are various ways to implement MADI at a board level with microcontrollers and FPGAs.
Other options would be to make your own protocol. Using a TRRS cable should be able to provide enough bandwidth at more manageable speeds that won’t require you to think about transmission line theory.

Rock & Roll,
Oren Levy