[sdiy] rca female to male adaptor source?

David Manley dlmanley at sonic.net
Tue Dec 25 22:53:27 CET 2018

Hi All,

Anyone have a source for an RCA female-> RCA male adapter that would fit
an attenuator (2 resistors)?

Something like this:
https://www.canford.co.uk/Images/ItemImages/large/20-901_01.jpg

There are expensive products available (Harrison Labs, Roth, etc) that
go for $25-40, that is triggering my cheepnis.  I could also kludge
something together with separate male and female connectors held
together with heat shrink, etc, but would prefer something like the image.

The closest I've found, and what I'll probably end up buying and
modifying is linked below which unfortunately is only 1dB, when I'm
looking for something like 6dB or 12dB:

https://www.w5swl.com/Line-Atennuator-MCM-1-dB-RCA-Male-to-RCA-Female-_p_499.html

Thanks,

Dave