[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

oren levy orenlevysticky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 21:16:52 CET 2018

I think you’d be better off using FPGAs so you can mux the signals however you want along with data. Either a bunch of small ones or one big one per module.
If you just want to share audio and don’t want to mess around with FPGAs, you can probably use a protocol like MADI. Not sure if MADI has a DC coupling requirement but if not, CV could also be passed.
You’d probably want a very stable clock to sync all the modules to and optimize clock phase delays so everything can mux/demux in sync.

Rock & Roll,
Oren Levy