[sdiy] [Potential SPAM] Re: Mind blown -- TL074 saturated outputs different

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:42:47 CET 2018

Hi Dave,

> Yeah, Neil, that's more or less what I was trying to say, but since I didn't
> do my doctoral thesis on 1N4148 diodes, I couldn't find the words.

Funnily enough my doctoral thesis wasn't on 1N4148 diodes either, but
a basic understanding of Shockley's diode equation is all you need to
realise that getting two diodes to match exactly in a circuit is nigh
impossible.
If the clamp voltage needs a very tight tolerance on it then better
options include op-amp based clamps which can then be tied to a
precision reference, e.g., REF-02.

Cheers,
Neil
--