[sdiy] Help, I'm Desperate! (Charge Injection with DG408)

Ingo Debus igg.debus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:19:43 CET 2018

> Am 11.12.2018 um 08:10 schrieb David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca>:
>
> There is now
> only one tiny problem: There is still an almost imperceptible click when the
> CV crosses 0V (and the logic control voltage crosses 2.5V) in the positive
> direction.  This is when the logic switches from 011 to 100 (i.e., all three
> bits change).  Interestingly, I don't hear the click at all when the CV goes
> in the other direction (100 to 011).

Couldn’t this still be caused by a very brief „forbidden state“ during the transition from 011 to 100? In your case, the forbidden state would be 000 (MSBit changes slower that the other two) or 111 (MSBit changes faster). Probably just a difference between rising and falling slope. Can you check with a scope?

Ingo