[sdiy] Help, I'm Desperate! (Charge Injection with DG408)

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 4 18:13:10 CET 2018

Thank you everyone for the excellent suggestions!

I also decided lastnight that it couldn't be charge injection.  The glitches
are just too big and not really filterable.

I concur that it is probably an issue with the logic source.  Each
more-significant-bit comparator is feeding the threshold to the next
comparator, so there is probably a natural cascading effect in these bits.
I've also not used any positive feedback, and maybe this will speed up the
comparators a bit.  I also thought briefly at one point about using Gray
code, but didn't act on it.  It might not require a huge change to the
circuit... just a different approach to controlling the comparators.  Lots
to think about.  I am also veering towards the idea of using a DG407, as I
think having only one chip will help, as it did with the DG409.

I have a bit more experimenting to do with the circuit, but can't get to it
until later today -- doctor's appointment and department Christmas party
await.