[sdiy] Help, I'm Desperate! (Charge Injection with DG408)

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 4 09:04:16 CET 2018

The other thing I thought I might try:

I need the back-to-back zeners to create accurate threshold voltages for my
ADC logic circuit.  However, perhaps I should drive the logic pins of the
DG408s directly from the comparator outputs.  The low source impedance of
the opamps should eat any spikes, right?  I already know that the DG4XX
switches happily take voltages on their logic pins up to both rails.

Alternatively, I can put separate resistors between the opamp outputs and
each switch's logic pins.  This might be safer for limiting the current to
the logic pins.  However, I'll happily sacrifice two DG408 switches to solve
this problem, and connecting them directly would allow me to use my current
layout, simply by replacing a few resistors with jumper wires.  The
datasheets say that the logic pins eat 10uA of current, so this should be
true whether I have current-limiting resistors or not, right?