[sdiy] Using a plasma ball as a control surface?

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:56:35 CEST 2018

> On Aug 26, 2018, at 5:59 PM, cheater00 cheater00 <cheater00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone tried using a plasma ball as a controller for an electronic circuit.

They give off _lots_ of RFI which might make the entire concept moot. Even worse, the HV power supplies in some plasma gadgets other than spheres are _modulated_ at AF. That could be really noisy.

I just scored a really nice one on eBay the other day... 8D

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

Q: Should car stereo speakers be pointed to the rear for more thrust or up for more traction?

A. On long trips, the 20- to 30% improvement in gas mileage you might get with speakers pointing to the rear is certainly worthwhile. On the other hand, if you drive on snow or ice, the extra traction of speakers pointing upward gives you added control.

Don Lancaster