[sdiy] Odp: low input bias current opamps

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 19:52:42 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 12:41 PM, David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Is an SMD -> TH adapter an option, Dave?
>
> That would save you having to do any SMD layout, but let you get the
> advantage of the better/newer SMD parts...
>
> I suppose, if it were something I could buy and just plug in.  I could
> even lay one out, I guess.
>
> However, unlike many of you, I absolutely loathe handling SMD parts by
> hand.  I've said again and again, if all electronics goes SMD (which I
> suppose it probably will eventually) then that'll be the day I give up
> electronics to focus exclusively on jazz guitar.

They are commonly available on OSH Park.  A quick scan turns up:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/sS9Y0eYZ

I'm not 100% certain the width is right on that though to just fit into the
footprint of the TH part.  Sometimes they're intended for breadboards
instead.  Let me see if I ordered a SOIC-14 the last time I was pulling
these.... nope only 8's.

All that said, if you hate SMD then it is what it is :)

Pete