[sdiy] low input bias current opamps

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Wed Aug 15 19:49:43 CEST 2018

Look, all the disti's search thingies have good and bad points. If you
use them enough to get used to their various quirks then they can be
useful. I use mostly Mouser but they don't stock everything, and
sometimes the prices at DK are way better. An example: Mouser cannot
search for non-polarized caps. So I go to DK to find part numbers and
then search Mouser to see if they are cheaper, which they usually are.

Tools make you job easier. Learn them, use them.

--Timster

On 8/15/2018 7:13 AM, Mattias Rickardsson wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 11:58, mark verbos <markverbos at gmail.com
> <mailto:markverbos at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Why does anyone like Digikey? Is it a Canadian thing? I also hate
>     their search system.
>     I use Mouser for almost everything. They usually have the best
>     price and the search engine is very usable.
>

> Good question. I've gotten used to having Digikey as my go-to database
> of components and prices, even if I also use Mouser and Farnell
> (element14) just as much when actually buying random stuff for
> development or repairs. All of them have their pros and cons when it
> comes to their search engines, I can't really say either one is perfect.
>
> I'm not sure if it's true, but I've often got the impression that
> Digikey shows the most complete supply of components (I often want to
> know what products exist, not only what products are in stock here or
> there) and also at a price more similar to what you'd get in
> production - especially if you enter 10000 or so in the quantity
> field. Being able to enter 10000 pieces and then sort the components
> after 10000-prices gives a better indication of the actual prices in
> production. Sorting on price for 1 pc (which is the only way I've
> found at Mouser & Farnell) shows higher prices and can list the
> products in another order since prices on small vs large quantities
> isn't always consistent.
>
> /mr  -  not Canadian, but similarly European ;-)

--Tim Ressel
Circuit Abbey
timr at circuitabbey.com