[sdiy] Outputs grounded! Re: SSI2164 datasheet updated

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:30:54 CEST 2018

The 2164 has current inputs and current outputs.  In fact you are
*required* to force the output to the same(ish) voltage as the GND pin
- this usually done with the virtual earth node of an inverting
op-amp, but there is no reason for connecting it directly to GND.  See
the datasheet where it talks about "Output Compliance" - that is how
far the outputs are allowed to stray from GND before bad things
happen.

The inputs are really current summing nodes, so connecting them to GND
is also equally valid.

And it was not "suddenly" - the 2164 has always been like this.

Neil

http://www.njohnson.co.uk