[sdiy] Amplifying Pulse (Slightly OT)

Scott Young thebot at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 10 21:29:23 CEST 2018

I’ve done this!

http://youtu.be/ylBJaHchoEU

Used an arduino and one of these:

https://coolcomponents.co.uk/products/pulse-sensor?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=45223107150&gclid=Cj0KCQjw77TbBRDtARIsAC4l83nYyMLaCzFDAj1pijZkRSKpY0b7WjPrfWVp52zfDDGdQd8-dCH54iUaAsx7EALw_wcB

Other shops are available ;-)

I’ve done this twice actually, one used midi to transfer the pulse with a simple on off, the other transmitted a simple cv pulse that I used to drive a sequencer driving my modular.  I took that setup to a maker faire here in Edinburgh, it was great fun, something really magical about people driving this system with their body.  And also great fun to see people running on the spot trying to up the bpm!

If you want I’ll try and share the code - I had a computer disaster but I should be able to get it I think?

Cheers,
Scott.