[sdiy] dsPIC UART for multi-processor comms

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Sun Apr 22 17:41:10 CEST 2018

I've done a system of 2 receivers and 1 sender using 3 dsPICs with DMA
SPI at it's max rate (I think it's 20 MHz) and this worked well.  I've
not used a UART except for receiving MIDI.

I'd want to scope the serial connections while it works and while it
fails.  It's hard to imagine the fanout is that small, but scoping may
help to learn what is happening.  If the voltage states are not clearly
good digital states, it could be because of the input loading, but
that's a CMOS input AFAIK which should have a very high input
impedance.  Perhaps check your grounds as well.