[sdiy] Quality reverb on STM32's?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Apr 14 19:09:57 CEST 2018

I know the amounts of RAM that are usually used for this, but there’s something I don’t quite get:

Sound travels about 330m in one second. So one second of delay memory represents a space 165m long. That’s a pretty big cathedral (?!).

So *why* do we use such a lot of delay memory for things that shouldn’t really require it? Room reverb (for example) should be possible in a few K.

T.