[sdiy] trade war component costs

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sat Apr 7 16:04:56 CEST 2018

On 6 April 2018 at 00:08, Tom Wiltshire <tom at electricdruid.net> wrote:

> We’ll see if it actually happens. A trade war between the US and China
> would clearly hurt both parties, so it doesn’t seem like a very smart move.

No worries! It's about saving American jobs in the first place - that's the
smartness involved - so all the workers in the American component industry
must be very happy now and American electronics manufacturers and hobbyists
don't need to buy overseas anymore. Ehh

Personally I think that almost everything is too cheap these days. It makes
all the more important stuff in the society look too expensive.

/mr