[sdiy] Continuously variable waveshaping (was Behringer Neutron)

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Apr 7 10:49:41 CEST 2018

If you did it under CPU control, you could probably dump the requirement for VCA linearisation too (compensate in software), which reduces the hardware by one VCA and two op-amps per channel. You can do a 4 waveform mixer with just a 2164 and a quad-channel DAC fed to a single I-to-V op-amp stage.

As a bonus, you could also control the output level, assuming you had enough DAC resolution - just turn down all four waveforms at once by simple subtraction from their DAC values (don’t you love log control?!).

Tom