[sdiy] Guitar levels (slightly OT)

Sky Shaver skyshaver at me.com
Mon Apr 2 19:21:50 CEST 2018

I built one of these from DIY/RE and it works quite well for getting line level down to guitar level, like a transformer based reverse DI. Guitars with active pickups aren’t line level, they’re just a bit hotter than regular guitar level, maybe 6-10db difference in terms of the gain setting going into a preamp expecting guitar level signal, like the DIs on my MOTU.
https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/blogs/news/86235652-explain-like-im-5-why-do-i-need-a-reamp-box <https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/blogs/news/86235652-explain-like-im-5-why-do-i-need-a-reamp-box>
Cheers,
Sky