[sdiy] Name that connector!

Tom Bugs admin at bugbrand.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 09:40:40 CEST 2017

I'm curious why they capitalize the M_M_T letters? (maybe a simple
codename like MTA?)

Anyways, the connectors look good and I've been considering using them
on a particular project.
However - I tried crimping with a basic IDC tool modified slightly to
deal with the keying pin but the results weren't great & I wouldn't be
entirely confident that all connections were made.
The proper tooling is serious $$$$.

Any lower cost tooling alternatives people can recommend?

Cheers, Tom

On 11/09/2017 23:56, Chris Juried wrote:
> Take a peak.
>
> Micro-MaTch
> <http://www.te.com/usa-en/products/connectors/pcb-connectors/wire-to-board-connectors/ffc-fpc-ribbon-connectors/intersection/micro-match.html?tab=pgp-story>
>

>     Micro-MaTch
>
> TE’s miniature Micro-MaTch connector's unique contact-spring system
> helps prevent fretting corrosion.
>

> <http://www.te.com/usa-en/products/connectors/pcb-connectors/wire-to-board-connectors/ffc-fpc-ribbon-connectors/intersection/micro-match.html?tab=pgp-story>
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Juried
> Audio Engineering Society (AES) Member
> InfoComm-Recognized AV Technologist
> http://www.JuriedEngineering.com (Juried Engineering, LLC.)
> http://www.TubeEquipment.com (Tube Equipment Corporation)
> http://www.HistoryOfRecording.com (History of Recording)
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisjuried (LinkedIn)
> Email: CJuried at yahoo.com
> Voice: (954) 478-4355
>

> This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by
> the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged
> and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
> of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any distribution or
> copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
> immediately notify me at (754) 300-9972 and permanently delete the
> original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.
>
>     On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Tim Ressel
>     <timr at circuitabbey.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am thinking of re-tasking a 5 octave keyboard but it has
>     connectors I have not seen before:
>     *http://www.synthdiy.eu/files/DSCN1268.JPG*
>
>     I found similar connectors but they have the first pin in the
>     lower left corner. These have it in the upper left corner. Anyone
>     know what they are?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     --
>     --Tim Ressel