[sdiy] SSI2144 filter caps

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Sep 12 01:07:19 CEST 2017

I agree with what John H. said, and I’d probably use nice polypropylenes myself, but if it comes to “getting away with it”, the Sequential Pro-One used ceramic caps in the filter, and no-one complains about that synth. Polystyrene makes you feel good and like you used the best you could get, but it’s expensive, and I can’t hear any difference beyond a decent quality film cap.

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY