[sdiy] pin headers on the wrong side of a PCB

Andre Majorel aym-htnys at teaser.fr
Sat Sep 9 14:26:08 CEST 2017

On 2017-09-08 10:44 -0700, David G Dixon wrote:

> So, how do we feel about having PCB-to-panel connections that
> are MTA-female header to bare straight pins with no locking
> clip (which is what one would have if one followed Michael's
> recommendation)?

In production, that would be taking a chance with vibrations
during transport and the like. Murphy's law says that the
connector will fall off at the worst possible moment. Use your
imagination. :-)

On a prototype, it's up to you, isn't it ?

Reminds me of the Buchla clone maker who didn't believe in
locking washers. Apparently, their devices rattle when you shake
them. :-)