[sdiy] New Muse? (was-> Javascript Muse)

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Thu Sep 7 22:09:33 CEST 2017

> On Sep 7, 2017, at 12:13 PM, Tim Ressel <timr at circuitabbey.com> wrote:
>
> So how about a collaboration to produce a 21st century version of the Muse? There are some real possibilities for all-out brawls on the details. Totally open source, of course, of course. Maybe a simple acrylic enclosure. Sounds like fun.

(Whaddaya mean "21st century Muse"?  I just gave you that!)

(And do refresh the browser window; I fixed some bugs and added some features recently.)

What sort of thing are you thinking of?

Will it have 40-position slide switches?  Where will you get those?  Oh, it's the 21st century, you can 3D print the slide switches.

Hardware processor?  Feel free to take my Javascript code and translate it to any language.
    http://till.com/articles/muse/muse.js

Hardware CMOS?  That should be pretty straightforward.

Hardware vacuum tubes?  Mechanical?  (3D printed mechanical!)

Are you thinking of copying the Muse as a tribute?  Or extending the concepts, as a tribute to the spirit of the Muse?

  -- Don
--
Donald Tillman, Palo Alto, California
http://www.till.com