[sdiy] Dip Trace: [not] free and worth every penny

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Wed Sep 6 00:27:05 CEST 2017

It's true that there are strong opinions about PCB packages. Some hate
Eagle, others love it. I believe it has to do with the interface fitting
our style. I like eagle; we get along fine. I don't get along with Dip
trace. That's between me and DT.

The issue of having no enforced consistency between schematic and layout
is a deal breaker for me. My current task is a good example. The
schematic and PCB do not match. The tool did not tell me about this. I
had to burn some time before I could be sure of what I was seeing. Now I
have to wait for the designer to get me matching files.

--Timbo