[sdiy] Dealing with velocity sensitivity / scaling on envelopes

Joel B onephatcat at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 4 13:44:00 CEST 2017

Wouldn't you just give each timbre its own fixed voice allocation and only steal within that timbre? The old Kawai k5, Casio CZ, Cheetah MS6 work like that although the K5 has a VR mode where it will share voices between timbres, usually if I recall correctly the timbre changes and the envelope continues on as it was rather than re-trigger. The stealing effect is its own unique and rather cool sound imo.

Joel