[sdiy] Nelson Pass: Circuit Topology and the End of Science

Jarno Verhoeven@ziggo.nl jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl
Sun Sep 3 21:28:10 CEST 2017

Wow, 85kUSD, I knew they were expensive, but that's out there.
Nelson is also on the DIYaudio.com forum, and is quite helpful in discussions on
circuit topology and also on clones of his older designs (Aleph series, but he
also did an amp for Adcom and was in Threshold). Apparently, the enclosures are
very expensive, and so are the meters. Also, there is quite a bit of manual
labour involved as the output devices need to be matched (something he does "in
situ" rather than with some kind of measurement device, apparently).

Regards,

Jarno.