[sdiy] Dealing with velocity sensitivity / scaling on envelopes

Chris McDowell declareupdate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:11:57 CEST 2017

Fun discussion!

"> RTZ ADSRs have their place....

In the bin. :-)"

hehehe

I've given this a lot of thought, too. I've never taken the time to code it up, but having programmable slew in the right place on the velocity signal could alleviate some of this junk. at least, if you had a slew that tracked the attack setting, and then turned off when not in an attack segment, you wouldn't have an abrupt jump when starting a new note. I have not sat down with paper and worked out what to do in the other scenarios, but have fed velocity from my keyboard through a slew in the modular, giving really honestly fine results. no big thumps, sort of odd behavior, but musical. not suggesting to just go with fixed slew, only that slew alone helps a ton, and if you could turn it on and off at the right time (by having the slew all in code), a solution may be found.

Cheers,
Chris