[sdiy] Help with noisy VCA

Guy McCusker guy.mccusker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 00:02:39 CEST 2017

Hmm, I wonder if the disappearance of the SMD 2164s from the CoolAudio
site has anything to do with their recent manufacturing error. As I
understand it, a batch of 2164s was produced with the die rotated 180
degrees inside the package, so the indentation indicated pin 9 rather
than pin 1, which more or less guarantees the death of the IC if you
don't know about it and apply power. CabinTech sells these as
V2164M-R.

@Paula, can you provide a link for the Modulus e-zine please? I have
searched a bit and come up blank.