[sdiy] Connector query

b h bamsyn at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:31:26 CET 2017

HI Tom

These are very much like the cables used in the 808 ribbon cable replacements that i've been making for sometime. The ones i put together though use a header to allow the boards to seperate. I wouldn't want to just use that cable alone though unless my 808 was rarely to be opened.
Don't get me wrong they are well made cables but the pins are flat metal pins and not a tinned group of strands of wires so i dont know how they'd go being pulled back and forth too much.
I hope it's ok to post my cables here......lol i've been here so long i can't remember. anyway i'm not doing the hard sell here.
I did want to post them here ages ago and offer a $5 sdiy  discount but wasnt sure if it was cool too, i'll take the chance now though to do it :)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-TR808-TR-808-Replacement-Switch-PCB-Ribbon-Cable-/142224730531

[http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uuoAAOSwO~hXIHz~/s-l300.jpg]<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-TR808-TR-808-Replacement-Switch-PCB-Ribbon-Cable-/142224730531>

Roland TR808 TR-808 Replacement Switch PCB Ribbon Cable | eBay<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-TR808-TR-808-Replacement-Switch-PCB-Ribbon-Cable-/142224730531>
www.ebay.com.au
Roland TR808 TR-808 Replacement Switch PCB Ribbon Cable in Musical Instruments, Percussion, Drums | eBay!

If you want to go just with the cable i can tell you the length i use for when you order.

cheers

Brett