[sdiy] Yamaha IG00153 wanted for CS15--I assume i must have dead VCO:)

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Tue Jan 17 23:23:00 CET 2017

Hi,

have you checked the waveform selector and the volume potentiometer
for the VCO? If any one of them is broken or glitchy, the VCO can seem
dead.

My recommendation would be: First check the above and/or probe the VCO
with an oscilloscope to ensure that it's really dead, then look for
the rare replacement chip. :-)

/mr