[sdiy] Two ways of mixing modulation routes

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Fri Jan 6 13:32:46 CET 2017

Interesting. I agree it looks a bit strange.

Non-inverting op-amps are often avoided in mixing stages because the
different sources feel different impedances depending on each other,
instead of just feeling a well-known constant impedance to ground.
First I thought they might have used this fact in a clever way to
attenuate the modulation signals a little bit if more than one of them
are switched in to the same destination, giving the sum of modulations
a more similar level regardless of how many modulation sources are
used - but when I look in the schematic I think it seems to be the
other way around: flicking the switch to add another modulation source
seems to make the first modulation a bit stronger instead. Hmm?

/mr