[sdiy] Two ways of mixing modulation routes

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jan 6 12:02:25 CET 2017

Hi all,

I've been looking at the Sequential Pro-One schematics, specifically the modulation routes:

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Sequential/Pro-One/schematics/pro1-schematics-a.gif

(Rotated image, but it's bottom right when it's the right way around).

I noticed that rather than mix the signals using an inverting op-amp mixer (as I might have expected), instead they do a passive mix, followed by a non-inverting op-amp.

Is there any benefit to this approach, aside from avoiding the inversion? Is that the reason it was done this way?

Thanks,
Tom