[sdiy] Eurorack Power Protection

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 13:19:47 CET 2017

Neat!  I like how the MOSFET channel conducts to remove the otherwise
excessive voltage-drop of the body-diode when the supply is connected the
correct way around.  It's a bit like the synchronous rectifier in modern
SMPSUs.  I think I've also seen that circuit used to allow PV panels to
charge a battery efficiently, but then disconnect the panel to prevent the
battery draining back into the panel when it's dark.

-Richie,