[sdiy] Eurorack Power Protection

Laurie elby_designs at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jan 4 01:24:54 CET 2017

It is frustrating that there are no standards out there. For what it is
worth, there are a group of manufacturers who are supposed to be working
together to form a 'EuroSynth Body' but I don't think it is moving
anywhere at the moment and is probably far too late in the day to define
some 'proper' standards and will most likely have to try and define the
existing figures in to a formal document so that we at least have some
common ground to work with.

If you don't use ferrite beads then you should use a resistor of between
10R and 22R.
The diodes as shown will force the power rails in to an 'out of
specification' area so should not be used (certainly not in that
configuration)
10uF is ample especially given the number of modules in any system and
the inability for some supplies to handle large inrush currents

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
Mobile: +61 0400 257 645
Phone.: +61 02 4340 0938