[sdiy] Eurorack Power Protection

Jacob Watters jacobwatters at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 23:35:27 CET 2017

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. Here are my notes:

Boxed Header
This is what I plan to use. Maybe my pin umbers are off. I was going by the
image linked below. Is pin 1 on the bottom right in this image?

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100b_e.gif

Diode
It seems like I should just not use it?

Resistor
Don't use it?

Ferrite Bead
Some people are telling me outside this list that ferrite is more for
digital stuff and that the capacitor should be fine. If I don't use the
ferrite then should I use a resistor instead?

Capacitors
Only use the larger one (I use a 0.1uF bypass cap at each IC anyway). Some
say increase and some say decrease. In non-modular stuff I usually use
larger ones, so I am leaning towards 22uF.

I wish that there was a standard for this so I knew what to do :(