[sdiy] Eurorack Power Protection

Laurie elby_designs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 3 22:45:33 CET 2017

Although, as far as I can tell, there is no specification, I would have
thought that a proper EuroSynth system should have power rails with a
tolerance of 0.1V i.e. -12.1V to -11.9V or +11.9V to +12.1V.
The approach below will lose 0.6V per rail giving you at best +/-11.4V.
As if there aren't enough issues out there with lossy busboards, power
solutions and other related issues, losing 5% of your power through
these protection diodes seems excessive.

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
Mobile: +61 0400 257 645
Phone.: +61 02 4340 0938