[sdiy] Expo in one chip?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 23:30:03 CET 2017

David,

> Can you tell us briefly what these "welcome changes" are?  I, for one, was
> hoping that they'd put the stupid stability networks on the chip, saving a
> pile of 560pF caps and 510R resistors.

For one thing, if they did manage to put four 560p caps on the die
then you wouldn't be able to afford it - the die area would be so
large the simple cost plus reduction in yield would push the price way
up, far more than the savings of external components.  So, no, you
still need external compensation networks on each input.

Main improvements are: lower noise, lower distortion, higher control
pin resistance, and DRUM-ROLL .... they fixed the missing-rail
self-destruction mechanism.  YAY!!!!!  It sure was nice to pull the
-ve supply and watch the +ve current draw creep up just a little, and
no smoke :)

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk