[sdiy] A different kind of polyphonic aftertouch

Mike HEQX mike at heqx.com
Sun Dec 17 05:45:04 CET 2017

I have overlooked this type of sensing arrangement in key form, but it
seems a good way to do certain things.  Roman suggested a sensor which I
am going to look into also.

This type of linear sensing can also sense velocity just like two
switches do now in most keybeds, just by setting two thresholds. So you
get the linear and switching at the same time and it's adjustable. Very
useful.

I hear you Brian Willoughby, and I think we would need to reformat the
key layout. I would not want to use a Wooting straight up, that would be
strange no? Those keys are sort of fake keyswitches with a hole in the
bottom. There may be other gadgets that can be used to make the same thing.

Mike