[sdiy] A different kind of polyphonic aftertouch

Roman modular at go2.pl
Sat Dec 16 21:26:28 CET 2017

Yes, you could say D-beams. I would take a closer look at VCNL4040 which is rather small sensor with 16-bit resolution and I2C output. Probably there's something more suitable, but quick search gave me this model.  Reading a bunch of those sensors is not rocket science, and then the most obvious way is to translate them to polyphonic aftertouch.   Roman  Dnia 16 grudnia 2017 05:46 Mike HEQX <mike at heqx.com> napisał(a):  Roman, So you are saying that this is not that special and is
      like a bunch of Roland d-beam controllers in a matrix? I suppose
      that is true, but it is the glue circuitry and software component
      that makes this product perform. So if one wanted to do this as a
      matrix of proximity sensors and control a synth where would you
      start ( after the proximity sensor part)    On 12/14/2017 4:36 PM, Roman wrote:  So it's just dummy regular switch, but you can install
        infrared proximity sensor of your choice to get depth
        measurement.   Roman  Dnia 14 grudnia 2017 17:09 MTG   <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.  napisał(a):  More info:   blog.wooting.nl blog.wooting.nl