[sdiy] Reverb Tanks

jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl
Fri Dec 15 18:40:35 CET 2017

They come in a few input impedance variants, some are better suited for tube (with reverb transformer) outputs, and some are better suited to a beefy transistor output, and there's a range in between. There are also differences in output impedance, but I don't know if you really NEED a different input stage for the various output impedances.

The mention of reverb tanks has me curious:   What type of currents / P-P voltages does a “standard” reverb tank like to see? I have a mid-60’s Gibson Sabre “transicord” amp collecting duct in the basement.   Someone swiped the horn and reverb tank from it, then gave it to me for free.… so thought I’d ask.   I may resurrect that pig some day and turn it into a bass amp or something. From: Synth-diy [mailto:synth-diy-bounces at synth-diy.org] On Behalf Of Jarno Verhoeven at ziggo.nl